Topic 1: Introduction to Human Capital Strategy & Science
- Articulate the primary role managers’ play in human capital management (HCM).
- Explain the value of HCM to organizations in terms of individual and firm performance.
- Describe how HCM contributes to strategic and competitive advantage.
- Describe the various functions of HCM and how they fit together.
- Identify the various ethical issues and frameworks that apply to employment decisions.
- Define evidence-based management and how it should be applied in practice.
Topic 2: Foundations of HCM: Work Analysis & Work Design
- Describe the overall importance of job analysis to an organization.
- Explain each step in the job analysis process.
- Describe the important components of a job description
- Differentiate between knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Write multiple, specific job tasks.
- Explain how to boost motivation and performance through work design.
- Write a clear and specific job description of a real job.
Topic 3: Talent Acquisition: Recruiting & Selecting Talent
- Differentiate between internal and external recruitment.
- Describe the success rates of various recruitment methods.
- Discuss what factors significantly increase recruitment success.
- Describe the purpose of selection systems.
- Explain the importance of using multiple criteria in selection.
- Explain the steps involved in a typical selection system.
- Describe the specific legal requirements associated with selection.
- Differentiate between various selection devices.
- Describe how to use and improve the effectiveness of common selection tactics (e.g., interviews).
Topic 4: Talent Management: Training, Development, & Performance Management
- Describe the stages in training and development.
- Differentiate between the 4 levels of evaluation.
- Explain some of the potential problems encountered in training and development.
- Describe methods to most effectively develop managers.
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of mentoring programs in organizations.
- Describe the purposes of performance appraisal.
- Explain the various pitfalls associated with evaluating others’ performance.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages of the various methods of performance appraisals.
- Describe the problems associated with measures of performance and how to overcome them.
Topic 5: Rewarding Talent: Compensation and Performance
- Explain the purpose and basis for compensation in organizations.
- Describe the advantages and disadvantages associated with various compensation strategies.
- Describe the differences between traditional and strategic pay approaches.
- Differentiate between effective and ineffective monetary reward systems.
- Differentiate between effective and ineffective non-monetary rewards.
- Describe the most effective methods for rewarding employee performance.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS