HLN405 Qualitative Research Essay- qualitative research and critically explore
1.Demonstrate knowledge of qualitative methodologies
2. Demonstrate critical, creative and analytical thinking in relation to qualitative research approaches
3. Demonstrate high level communication skills in the application of specific theoretical approaches.
The resources drawn on to support your points and arguments, must be high quality academic sources including refereed journal articles [sourced though QUT databases accessed on the library homepage] and textbooks if appropriate. Please read whole articles and not just the abstract. Un-authored web sites are considered unacceptable.
What you need to do
Choose from one of the following but first note that the focus of the second assignment is theoretical justification (theoretical argument) and not research methods.
1) Negotiate a topic of choice. This is an opportunity for those enrolled in a research degree to develop their thesis work. Others may also negotiate a choice of topic area.
2) Select an area of theoretical knowledge that could inform qualitative research and critically explore the key concepts (or theoretical assumptions) of the approach.
3) The aim of traditional ethnography is to produce a ‘factual description’ of a cultural or sub-cultural group. Drawing on contemporary work on ethnography, critically challenge the idea of ‘factual description’ as an objective of ethnographic research.
4) Select an area of feminist knowledge and argue how it can inform research relevant to your area of interest and/or practice.
5) Discourse analysis has gained currency as a research approach in the health sciences. Argue its application to a relevant area of your practice/or interest.