Students are required to research Dementia, and answer the questions/statements below. This will require you to use provided resources (e.g. course text) and other sources (e.g. library, journal articles etc.).
In your own words, please answer the following questions: Please see marking criteria next page.
- Dementia is a progressive and variable disease. Discuss appropriate treatments and nursing interventions that may be necessary when working with the person with dementia.
- Describe the following strategies that are appropriate for relieving distress and agitation
- validation strategies
- reorientating therapy
- instructed activities
- Describe 2 strategies that help minimise the impact of challenging behaviours.
- How would you identify triggers contributing to challenging behaviour
- What is the impact of these behaviours on others
- How can you implement best practice strategies
- Identify external factors and common stereotypes associated with ageing and how these can adversely impact the older person
This task is to be completed in your own time outside of the face to face class room environment. You can any relevant resources such as the internet, course text books and other credible sources. It is important that you reference all sources that you obtain your information from.
Referencing must be included and failure to adhere to this requirement will result in a not satisfactory outcome for the assessment.
All questions must be answered and a satisfactory result achieved for each question to achieve an overall satisfactory result for this assessment.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS