IST 612 Business Analysis- New Mobile Banking Application
You are working at a business analysis team of a large bank in the USA. You were informed that you should work on a new mobile banking application that should replace the existing outdated application. You were told to include the features below in the new application:
1. Login page with biometrics
2. OTP (One Time Password) This feature is used by many apps (Amazon, banking, other mobile apps). You can check on the Internet to see how it works.
3. Accounts page
In the USA, you have debit and credit cards. There are also checking and saving accounts.
4. Money transfer page
It enables sending money to your other accounts and other people in your bank or other banks. Consider Zelle too.
5. Online check deposit page
It enables taking pictures of your checks’ front and back pages.
6. Profile page
It includes information such as full name, address, and phone number.
7. Help page
For all the features, you should make research on the Internet to see what kind of functionalities are available for each. If you are using a mobile bank application, you can also browse to see which functions they offer in that app.
1. First, you should create stakeholder requirements for all features above. The first feature’s requirement is given below as an example. You should directly write that. In total, you will have seven stakeholder requirements. Assume that you interviewed your customers who have accounts in your bank and who use the current application. You learned from them what they need in the new app.
Example: For “Login page with biometrics”: Customers should log in to the system by using their usernames and passwords and/or by swiping their fingerprints or scanning their eyes (iris).
2. All the requirements you created are retrieved from your customers. Select two of these requirements, and derive solution requirements (functional or non-functional).
You should write at least three solution requirements for each of these two stakeholder requirements. In total, there must be at least six solution requirements.
3. Based on the seven stakeholder requirements you created, create new stakeholder, solution, or transition requirements that meet “Depend”, “Satisfy”, or “Validate” relationships. You should have at least five new requirements in total. When you write each new requirement, indicate which relationship they belong to.