Topic: The topic for my semester assignment is Rising rates of depression and anxiety during the Covid-19 pandemic. The focus of investigation and attention is the young people.
Thesis: In COVID-19, more and more American youth report symptoms of anxiety and depression. This trend is most evident among young people and those without a high school education. The proportion of youth taking prescription drugs or receiving mental health counseling also increased during the Covid-19 pandemic. But surprisingly, we did not see a decline in the mental health level of people with long-term physical or mental diseases, nor did we see a decrease in the mental health level of people with depression before the epidemic. In fact, for those who had previously suffered from depression, we found that their average mental health improved. Various factors may play a role in the overall decline in the population’s mental health, such as financial difficulties, many contacts with COVID-19 related media, and reduced social connections due to blockade, travel restrictions, schools, and workplace closes. The reduction of social ties can explain this symptom. At the same time, the increase of loneliness during the pandemic is related to the rise of depression, anxiety symptoms, and sleep problems.
- An annotated bibliography is a useful tool for gathering, evaluating, and organizing the data and background you will need for a thorough and compelling research paper.
- It is “a list of citations to sources like reports, articles, data sources and documents.
- Each citation is followed by a brief, descriptive and evaluative paragraph, the annotation.
- The purpose of the annotation is to inform the reader of the relevance, accuracy, and quality of the sources cited.” (Cornell University Libraries, 2015).
- Your annotated bibliography should list a minimum of 15 sources in American Psychological Association (APA) format [see below for link to guidance].
- Your sources should be relatively current – preferably published within the last 5-10 years.
- The annotation should include information such as:
- What is this point of this article or resource?
- What key points does the author make?
- What statistics or data does the author include to support this point?
- If this is an original research article, what were the authors’ findings?
- Why is this source interesting or useful?
- How will it help you better understand your topic?
- Does this article refute or support your thesis?
Data 3-5 sources should provide data on your topic for New York City. Explain with data why this issue is significant and important.If your topic is overdose deaths involving alcohol and opioids: E.g. In 2018, opioid analgesics, excluding fentanyl, were involved in the fewest number of overdose deaths in NYC since 2009 (156 vs. 145). E.g. Half (50%) of all NYC overdose deaths involved multiple central nervous system depressants, such as alcohol (40%), benzodiazepines (29%), and opioids (80%).
Other Sources The remaining source(s) may be newspaper articles, books, scholarly journal articles, or “grey literature,” including sources published on the internet. If you do use “grey literature” or internet references, they must be from a credible source, such as a government agency, academic institution, or independent research group. For the most part, you should look at materials from “.gov”, “.edu” or “.org” domains.
In your annotated bibliography you will have 15 entries like this:
The authors, researchers at the Rand Corporation and Brown University, use data from the National Longitudinal Surveys of Young Women and Young Men to test their hypothesis that nonfamily living by young adults alters their attitudes, values, plans, and expectations, moving them away from their belief in traditional sex roles. They find their hypothesis strongly supported in young females [insert data that illustrates the magnitude of the findings], while the effects were fewer in studies of young males [insert data that illustrates the magnitude of the findings]. Increasing the time away from parents before marrying increased individualism, self-sufficiency, and changes in attitudes about families. In contrast, an earlier study by Williams cited below shows no significant gender differences in sex role attitudes as a result of nonfamily living. This study supports my hypothesis by providing evidence that boarding school residence, as in voluntary non-family living, empowers young women and may increase the likelihood of them pursuing research careers.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS