Please read the case scenario provided below and answer the two questions using a variety of credible sources.
You are a nursing student on clinical placement at Sturt Hospital. You are on placement with another first year student from the same university called Jamie. Jamie is working the same shifts as you. You have been working the same morning shift as Jamie for the last three (3) days. At morning tea Jamie tells you that she hates her placement, is learning nothing and has complained on the student Facebook page. You check the Facebook page and see the following post from Jamie: Warning! All CSU nursing students on WPL at Sturt Hospital. The medical ward is disgraceful – doing nothing but making beds and wiping old peoples’ backsides. To top it all off, for all those Bathurst students, am working with “you know who” – S.J is unsafe and wanders around all day looking stupid. Looked after John aged 89 yesterday and had to change his bed 3 times. His daughter gave me $50 at the end of shift – bonus!! You are horrified to see what Jamie has written about the ward, the patients and also as your initials feature in the post as the “unsafe” fellow student. You reflect on Jamie’s behaviour in light of the Code of conduct and Code of ethics…
Question One (approx 500 words)
Describe and provide examples of how Jamie’s actions have breached the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia’s (NMBA) Code of conduct for nurses (2018).
Question Two (approx 500 words)
Describe and provide examples of how Jamie’s actions have breached the International Council of Nurses (ICN) Code of ethics for nurses (2012).
Please note the following:
- This assessment task does not require an introduction or conclusion
- Please ensure that each question is clearly identified with a sub-heading
- You must write in the third person
- You must write in formal academic style
- All sources must be acknowledged in-text and in a reference list in accordance with the
APA 7th edition referencing style
- Assistance with APA 7th style referencing can be found at the following link: https://www.csu.edu.au/current-students/learning-resources/build-your-skills/ academic-skills-help/referencing
This assessment task will assess the following learning outcome/s:
- be able to demonstrate the skills required to locate, describe and interpret existing information to support development of disciplinary knowledge at an introductory level.
- be able to demonstrate literacy skills necessary to understand, interpret, and communicate effectively according to the context at an introductory level.
- be able to describe and give examples of professional frameworks and standards for practice that underpin the nursing scope of practice.
- Jamie scenario
- Marking criteria
- The NMBA Code of conduct for nurses (2018).
- the ICN Code of ethics for nurses (2012).
- APA 7th edition referencing summary for nursing – this will show you how to to set out the reference for each resource you choose.
- Sections and elements of the Codes explained.
- Describing, explaining, analysing, critically analysing…explained. This document assists in understanding the marking criteria
- APA referencing summary for nurses
- NRS160 Research Skills Guide. This will assist you to find peer reviewed journal articles.
- The Guide to Writing in Nursing at Charles Sturt University. This contains information about academic writing.
- Turnitin explained: This will assist you to interpret your Turnitin report.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS