Literature Review Paper Guidelines
When writing your Introduction, follow the policy of starting broad and ending narrow. The Introduction should be logically structured, including a general introduction to the research topic, a description of the specific issue that your study aims to examine, and a summary of the relevant background research (showing how and why your particular study came about). The Introduction should end with a clear statement of the specific theoretical hypothesis that you are going to examine, how you plan to examine it (i.e., a brief summary of the experimental method), and the predictions (what results the hypothesis predicts you should observe in your experiment
1. Describe the design – don’t just mention it. Describe the independent variables, the dependent variables, or, in a relational study, what factors are being correlated. You must also explain how the participants were assigned to each experimental group, what the conditions in the experiment were and, if appropriate, how many trials there were in each condition. Also describe any controls that were built into the design of the experiment (e.g., counterbalancing).
2. Justify your design decisions. For example, why was a within-subjects design used rather than a between-subjects design? Why was counter balancing employed?
1. Describe all relevant events as presented to the participant during the experimental session. For example, if your experiment had several trials, describe exactly how each trial was structured, what the subjects had to do, and how their responses were recorded.
2. Include a description of any written or verbal instructions that were given to the participants.
The Procedure is an important part of your report, as it is a comprehensive account of what you, the experimenter, actually did. Therefore it is an essential section for someone who wishes to replicate your experiment. Describe everything as clearly as possible. It is a good idea to read over your Procedure Section and ask yourself “Could I do this experiment, if I knew nothing about it, simply from reading the Procedure?” If the answer is no, then revise it
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS