The health food and natural health product market is a multibillion-dollar industry. This assignment asks you to visit the natural health product section of a store and investigate a super food or natural health product using the Health Canada Natural Health Product Database and other evidence-based information sources.
- to review natural health products, marketing & product information on packaging.
- to research a natural health product and apply lessons learned in the library modules include the 5 W’s framework to evaluate sources of information.
- to evaluate the cost and efficacy of a natural health product.
Step 1: Go to a health food store, the health product section of your local grocery store or pharmacy. If you are a fan of online customer, you are welcome to look in Amazon. But make sure it has all the information you need to complete the assignment.
Step 2: Take a few minutes to get an overview of some of the natural health products on the shelves.
Step 3: Identify a product of particular interest to you. Note the name of the product, cost of the product, amount of product in the package, the recommended dose, the natural health product number and the indications for use.
Step 4: Search the Health Canada’s Licensed Natural Health Product Database for the product.
Step 5: Conduct further research about the use and efficacy of the product according to popular sources versus scholarly sources.
Practice-based Evidence in Nutrition (PEN) is a useful database to search summaries of evidence
Step 6: Write a summary of your findings by completing the worksheet below.
Step 7: Submit a copy of your completed worksheet on your chosen Natural Health Product to the assignments submission folder.
- Assignment status: Already Solved By Our Experts
- (USA, AUS, UK & CA PhD. Writers)
- CLICK HERE TO GET A PROFESSIONAL WRITER TO WORK ON THIS PAPER AND OTHER SIMILAR PAPERS, GET A NON PLAGIARIZED PAPER FROM OUR EXPERTS